In my second attempt to become an active blogger, I am following the advice of my beautiful daughter by getting involved in blogging communities. Because of her diligence, she was nominated for the Liebster Award, and in turn, she nominated me!
Please take the time to visit Keturah’s blog. I am sure you will be inspired.
The Liebster Award is a great way for bloggers to be introduced into the blogging community and get to know each other better. So, I will introduce myself, and then introduce the bloggers that I am nominating for this award.
In order for the blogging community to know me better, I have to answer these 11 questions.
- What is something/someone that really makes you laugh? There are two things that really make me laugh. My daughter’s cat Sammie and the things that people ask Steve Harvey. I am always amazed at the things that come out of people’s mouth.
- What is one item that you could NOT live without? I could not live in darkness. I spent a night in darkness on my grandparents farm. It was so thick and heavy. I thought if this is an example of being without God I don’t want any part of it. I could not live this life without God and his grace.
- If you could change your first name, what would you change it to and why? I love the name Hannah. I love Hannah’s story in the scripture. In my minds eye, I can see her holding on to the altar; waiting for an answer from God.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I believe if I can share one word on a written page about my life and it could affect change in someone else’s life then it is well worth the time spent maintaining a blog.
- What is the story behind your blog name? I have learned over the years that the hardest part to moving forward in life is letting go of the past. We are our biggest critics. We pray and ask God to forgive us, yet, we can’t forgive ourselves. It is time we start looking beyond yesterday. I am not saying that you can’t take the lessons you’ve learned with you; acknowledge that you messed up, forgive yourself, and move forward.
- What is the best thing you have ever splurged on for yourself? The vacations I have spent with my daughter. Those memories she will have for the rest of her life.
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be? Denzel Washington, I believe he is a man that loves God. His father was a minister and I believe his ability to maintain his integrity is due to how he was raised. It would be interesting to hear his perspective on what needs to change in Hollywood.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a psychologist.
- What is your favorite place in the entire world? Home, I love being at home. I love visiting other places but Texas is where I belong. I have to acknowledge my 2nd favorite place is my grandparent’s farm in Gibsland, LA. It is so serene. I would love to have a place there where people could go and disconnect from the world and reconnect with God.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be? I am not big on flying but I think I would want the ability to fly. That ability would allow me to serve a number of people in a day. I could pop in and help and then pop out.
- What is the greatest advice you’ve ever been given? The greatest advice I believe I have every been given was in a dream. ” Your circumstance can change; don’t let your circumstance change you”
I am going to follow the pattern of the person that nominated me; my beautiful daughter Keturah by telling you 11 random facts about me.
- I have worked for the same corporation for 37 years. It has been an interesting journey. Because of my job I have been able to met some amazing people.
- I am a licensed/ordained minster of the gospel
- I was a volunteer community columnist for the Dallas Morning News.
- I am born and raised in the city but I am a country girl at heart.
- I love to learn. Some people might call me a professional student because I am always taking a class or getting some type of certification.
- I ran my 1st 10k with my daughter.
- I love to read. I challenge myself to read over 50 books in a year if I am not going to school. I love historical fiction and murder mysteries.
- I was the caretaker of my grandmother who lived to be 99 years young. She was a prayer warrior and I asked her to be in agreement with me that God would allow me to have her prayer mantel.
- I accepted Christ at the age of 10. He has been my greatest friend.
- I have two wonderful sisters. We are all different but we all love the Lord.
- Lastly, like my daughter, my best friend was my mother. She was my greatest cheerleader and my greatest support is my daughter since the Father called my mother home. This does not take away the support I have received for my fiancé, future son-in-law, sisters, niece, and nephew.
Now, enough about me, I must pass the torch and nominate other awesome bloggers for this award. Please take the time to click on their names and go visit each of their blogs. I personally read each of their blogs. I believe they are worthy of the nomination.
Create 11 questions for your nominees here —>
- What is one item that you could NOT live without?
- What is something/someone that really makes you laugh?
- If you could change your first name, what would you change it to and why?
- Why did you start blogging and is this your 1st attempt at blogging?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What is the best thing you have ever splurged on for yourself?
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite place in the entire world?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- What is the greatest advice you’ve ever been given?
- What book are you currently reading? (for good measure)
I can’t wait to read everyone’s response. I pray that each of your blogs touch the hearts of many.